Sonae Indústria's wood-based products are manufactures using recycled wood, residues from other activities and raw-materials provenient from sustainable forests, as well as other wood fibre sources whose origin complies with sustainability best practices.
We adopt the principles of sustainable development and we use eco-efficiency as a reference to operate our plants according to high environmental management standards.
We are committed to:
- The sustainable use of natural resources, including forest-based resources;
- Operating our facilities in compliance with all applicable environmental laws and regulations;
- The minimisation of the environmental impact of our facilities on the local and global environment;
- The continuous improvement in environmental management by setting targets and assessing performance against those targets;
- Regularly reporting and public disclosure of our environmental performance;
- Promote the certification of our environmental management and wood fibre supply chain by internationally recognised standards.
To achieve this, we integrate responsible environmental management into all our operations.
- Define clear roles, responsibilities and accountability at each level of our organization;
- Set challenging performance criteria for each of our operations;
- Allocate the necessary resources to ensure we meet the performance objectives;
- Train our people in their environmental responsibilities;
- Develop and implement effective eco-efficient practices;
- Monitor our environmental performance and review it accordingly;
- Invite our stakeholders to engage in our environmental commitments.
This way, we create an environmentally responsible culture that contributes to the enhancement of our sustainable business performance.